"You don't want to get too bulky, you'll look like a man!" I hear this all the time. If it isn't someone saying to me directly it is said by someone else about themselves. When I tell people that I am into power lifting, weight lifting, and getting strong in general people all give me a bit of side eye. They are totally ok with me losing weight and getting more and more close to the "ideal" body- which is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever said in my life- they are fine with me getting smaller and smaller, but the second I start talking about gaining muscles they freak. We are as women, conditioned to take up less space, be smaller, be "pretty" and "petite"...but why? The answer is rooted in the oppression of women as a whole. I love the look of Sara Sigmundsdottir- #goals When women are constantly told to look and act a certain way- whether that message comes from films or tv or magazines and ad campaigns- it al...
Comments
Post a Comment