Keto week one review!

Seeing some leg muscle separation at last!

Hi there all! I thought I would give you a week by week review of my time on the Keto or Ketongenic diet. Day one was a breeze, a real breeze....then the dreaded Keto flu hit me like a brick on day two. I actually ended up having to go home early and rest for a couple hours, but after that I honestly bounced back by 7pm and was WIRED with energy.

Slowly but surely I am getting there!

Days 3 until now (which is day 5) have not been bad at all! Honestly I was so worried that the Keto Flu would linger around for a few days. Keto Flu is the term most people use to describe the adjustment period your body goes through when you first start- your body goes from using carbs as a quick and easy fuel source to using fat/protein as a fuel source. It usually feels like the aches and tired feeling that comes along with the flu without the other symptoms.

So far, I feel very good-minus the one day- I have been trying to describe it to people. I feel more alert and awake than I have in awhile, my digestion has really felt very good- I haven't felt bloated or slow or sluggish at all. I also have this odd sensation- kinda like a faint feeling of being on pain killers...haha
Trying to be brave and showing a bit of my tummy.

I haven't taken any measurements but I feel a bit smaller over all- I weighed in a little under 2 lbs less than I did when I started. I am sure that is mostly water weight that comes with holding onto carbs in your body. I will post some recent photos.

So far so good!



Definitely out of my comfort zone- you can kinda see the issues I am dealing with right now- worried about losing more weight and ending up with more excess skin (which I have been avoiding talking about)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.