Link between Teasing about Weight and Disordered Eating/Poor Health Habits

Hi there all!

I just read this great article about the link between childhood teasing about weight and life long issues with obesity. Check out this article here: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/05/30/728111494/teasing-kids-about-their-weight-may-make-them-gain-more?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1SUifrfYr-Bmm_NclxSisxQ1a-5QvDKCMZ_inJ5IJ0DyLTDfUxSNVCqqk

In my own personal experience I can tell you that the teasing and bullying I endured as a child left me with deep mental and emotional scars around body image, weight, food, and more. It has touched every part of my life- my self esteem, my judgement, the way in which I deal with my problems, my relationships.

There are some people in this world who believe that "bullying is part of human nature" or that it "builds character"....to that I say....bullshit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.