Holidays and my November Challenge Completed!

Hi there all!

I know it has been awhile since I wrote on this blog- things have been so super busy and there just hasn't been time. So...updates....


I survived my November Challenge and guess what? I did it! Only 6 "bad" days in November and so I get to reward myself for working so hard. To be honest most of those days centered around the holiday and I have been working on reconciling that. This is, without a doubt, the hardest time of the year to be worrying about your diet. So many people just give up and give in during this season. I, of course, have been one of those people before but I determined to work out a good balance. I don't want to deny myself SOME of the awesome gatherings and foods of the season but I also know how much of a toll that will take on me mentally and emotionally if I just stop planning and working.


So my goal is to get through the holiday season with a good balance of indulging and enjoying myself while also keeping in mind my progress and where I still want to be. I am giving myself a comfortable weight range or maintenance period for all of December and then I plan on starting my serious bulking season in Jan. It will be interesting to see how that goes. Part of me is excited at the prospect of putting on a few lbs of muscle- part of me is scared I won't be able to do it- and part of my is really scared shitless that once I start putting on a few lbs that I will freak out and hate the way I look....I wonder if most people go through that- people that have lost a lot of weight....I wonder if the terror is always there that they will revert and go back to the way they were before. I KNOW I can't do that, I can't live that life anymore, but it is a bit haunting.

 So here we are, one big eating oriented holiday down and one more to go! How did everyone else do over Thanksgiving?

Comments

  1. I managed to gain no weight over the holiday compared to the end of faire season. We've found being Really Good about portions and food choices during the week makes the indulgences of parties much easier to manage. And, of course, not being entire slaves to gluttony during parties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did really bad at keeping up with my calendar. I did print one for December so I could try again. Luckily I did pretty well over the holidays. I didn't gain any weight (I didn't lose any either but that's nothing new for me). I do have more holiday parties to attend this month than last so I'm hoping to stick with my plan and not go crazy or give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wasn't on my top form- I need to print a December calendar too- though I find if I dont have to think or worry too much about it I tend to do alot better than stressing myself out. XOXOX

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.