An Open Letter....



Dear, well, everyone really....

This is my open letter to you all about something which I am of two minds about. I can definitely see

 both sides and yet can not help my feelings about both sides. I am writing to tell you that your

 opinions on my body are unhelpful, unnecessary, and above all unwarranted. Simple as that. I don't

 need or want you to comment on my body or the changes I have made, positive or negative...your

comments on my body are unwelcome.



Now, some of you seem to be of the mind that there is no such thing as a bad compliment, or that

 your role as my friend or my family allows you some measure of an opinion on my physical state.

Guess what, it doesn't. There are only 3 people in this world who get to tell me things about my

body- who get to comment on the state of my plan- who get to tell me I am doing things the right or

the wrong way....those are Myself (first and foremost),My Doctor, and My Therapist. If you aren't

one of those people then don't come at me with your words-your well meaning but ultimately useless

 words about my body. Concern for my safety, while generous and sweet, is not needed. I am not

unhealthy, I am not doing anything to my body I should not be doing, and EVEN IF I WAS-

commenting on it is not your place. If you think it is- there is the door. I spent too many years

listening to people talk about my body like I was not there. I have spent too long listening to what

other people had to say about me and my health and my figure- no more.

I'm done with it. If you see me in future, if you haven't seen me in awhile, please feel free to

compliment me- but not how my body looks....it is the LEAST interesting thing about me.

Some people might read this and feel...slighted...or that this was aimed at them specifically. To that I

say, if you feel that way then maybe you were the ones who need to hear this the most. In the end this

will no doubt ruffle some feathers, but I have to say what I feel. That is what this whole blog is about

and for, a place for me to put my thoughts, a way to deal with feelings so I do not use food.

Thank you again, for all your support and your continued help. Thank you for listening to all my

ramblings and for reading this latest rant.

Julie


Comments

  1. This *CLAP* right *CLAP* here! *CLAP*
    My mom has recently started to say 'You're looking healthy.' Ugh. Thanks, mom. -_-
    And don't tell me lifting heavy is dangerous or women shouldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.