Questions and Answers #1

Hi there all! I recently put out there that I was looking for topics for my blog and I got some great questions/topics...IDK if I could write an entire blog post about them so I'm going to lump them all up into one Q and A post. If it goes well this might be something that I do from now on.

1. What is in my gym bag?

Well I think to start off with...I don't really use a whole lot of special things. Mostly my gym bag ends up with things everyone needs: deodorant, clothes for the day, toothbrush and toothpaste, makeup, etc. I don't really use anything special- I do have boxing gloves from Ever-last in my bag right now. I also use a belt when doing any really heavy lifting- it is a Scheik- you can find it here:  https://www.roguefitness.com/schiek-2004-lifting-belt-pink

2. Do you write your own programming?

Yep! So right now I am working on split days. Upper body is one day, then lower body...and I rotate out what heavy movements I am doing. A sample upper body day would be: stretching and activation work, bench press or over head press, accessory circuit, then 30 mins cardio. A sample lower body day is almost the same but sub bench press for squats or deadlifts. I am thinking about switching over to a guided program when I start bulk phase.

3.  What kind of effects has your weight loss had on your skin?

This is a question I get asked alot. So, yes I definitely have loose skin in certain areas of my body. Mostly the areas that have changed the most- arms, chest, stomach. I am not brave enough to take pictures of it yet- it kinda still bothers me. I know that skin is a living thing and it will shrink over time. There are so many factors about loose skin and how much or little you might end up with- age is probably one of the biggest. Young skin has more elasticity and can bounce back from things alot easier than older skin. Genetics- you might pre-disposed to having more loose skin or less, you might even genetically be able to handle loose skin better than someone else. Hydration- this is key! Happy and healthy skin is skin that is kept hydrated on the inside and the outside. I can always tell when I haven't been drinking enough because the skin on my face looks and feels different.

If you want to check out some people who have loose skin from weight loss I recommend the following:
GetFitWithJessica: https://www.instagram.com/getfitwjessica/
Obese to Beast: https://www.instagram.com/obese_to_beast/
FatGirlFedUp: https://www.instagram.com/fatgirlfedup/

4. What supplements are you taking?

Supplements can be a great addition to any workout/ healthy living lifestyle that you choose. They are not magic fixes to help you out cheat a bad diet. I'm currently not really taking anything that I consider a supplement, however, I do use caffeine as a pre-workout booster and I drink one packet of EmergenC every day to help keep my immune system healthy. Other than the occasional smoothie (ok more the occasional) that has protein powder in it- I'm doing all on my own.

Ok- I had some more questions but they were not really health/lifting/weight related so I am going to save those for another time! Let me know if you have any more questions or want to discuss any of these topics! As always- these are my opinions and not facts. If you are concerned about your health, diet, weight loss, or anything else please contact your doctor!

LOVE YA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.