A Full Day of Eating....

"So, like...how much are you eating?"

I get asked this so many times, and sometimes it is hard to put into words what you put in your mouth...so follow me today (which is Monday Oct. 8th 2018) as I show you exactly what I am eating and when!

First off: Breakfast!

My alarm goes off at 5:00 am and I usually roll out of bed right on the dot (not easy). I shuffle to the kitchen and grab my small breakfast.

5:05 am- one hard boiled egg, two turkey sausage patties (microwaved), and a grape flavored Celsius drink for energy. 

Cal. total: 178

I am usually up and out of the house and on my way to the gym by 5:18am, no difference today! I usually get to the gym and get started by 5:50am. I usually do some warm up and activation stuff then my lifting and then finish with cardio. I try to get done by 7am! 

Skipping ahead to work-

I usually eat a post workout snack- recovery is so important! So I have started drinking a post workout recovery drink of EmergenC. Yep- you read that right! It has loads of vitamins and is definitely going to help keep me hydrated and feeling well during the season change. I also usually have something with carbs in it to help with fatigue and hunger.

8:30-9:30am- 1 cup of Kellogs Chocolately Delight Cereal and 1 packets of Raspberry EmergenC in 8oz of water.

Cal. total: 205

I then usually last until lunch time, which can be kinda tough after my workouts but I seem to be able to make it without any issues. I have a busy morning at work usually so my mind is distracted with things to do. 

12-1pm- I had 1/3 cup of sweet potatoes (mashed), 1/2 cup of carrots (just cooked in their own juices), and 4 oz of oven roasted turkey in gravy (I weigh out all of my protein).

Cal. total: 223
Daily total so far: 606

Afternoon snack- I try not to snack in the afternoon but it usually happens anyway (this is where I really tend to beat myself up)

*edit* afternoon snack is totally happening. I am doing great on cals (calories) today because of my workout this morning so I'm going to allow myself a small snack this afternoon...better than my co-workers hearing my stomach growl. So professional!

Afternoon snack ended up being the last of my Kind Peanut Granola- a serving is 1/3 cup and I had a tiny bit more than that since it was THE bottom of the bag so yeah...

Cal. total: 156
Daily total so far: 762

Dinner usually ends up being the larger meal of the day, which I know should probably be lunch, but it is what it is.

*Edit*

Dinner was so good! I am now sitting in my favorite chair, excited to finish this blog post! Dinner was baked chicken (around 5 oz.), red beans, pan roasted cauliflower....nom nom nom. I also added in some sauces I have been hording (thank you Japanese restaurant) and had some sugar free lemonade!


Look! I managed to take a picture of my food!


Cal. total: 803
Daily total so far: 1565

As of right now, with 2 and a half hours left in my day I have burned a total of 1850 calories. I usually average a daily burn between 2 and 2.3k calories per day.

So there you have it folks! A full day of eating with me! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.