New Year New Style Of Training

Hi there all!

After my first GVT session! 
So the new year is here and I have a new attitude and a new training style to go with it. My friend and erstwhile trainer Logan was on hand to help me figure out what I really want out of my training and help me set some reasonable goals. It is so nice to have someone ask you the tough questions and to really be there for you. He suggested I try German Volume Training- if you don't know what that is a quick Google search can help you out. This combined with eating +250 cals over my maintenance eating per day is hopefully in 6 months going to result in putting on 5 to 6 lbs by June. This long, slow "bulking" phase is also going to help me increase my over all strength as I give power lifting a back seat. Don't worry, I am still going to be a #chickwholifts just one who is following a different program. For an example this is what I did today:

10 x 10 of bench press at 30 lbs (could have used more weight, but since it was my first time training this program I went lighter, I didn't know what my fatigue level would look like)
10 x 10 of barbell rows at 30 lbs.
5 x 10 of lat pulls at 50 lbs.
5 x 10 of delt flys at 30 lbs ( 15 per arm)
5 x 10 of tricep pull downs at 30 lbs

45 mins of steady cardio on the treadmill.

I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on my current plan. A special thanks to my dearest friend Logan for keeping me going, for inspiring me, and for giving me guidance. Anyone else making changes to their programming? I'd love to hear about it!


Something I want to start doing is posting pictures of badass, amazing women who are my literal #goals. This is Abbye Eville, seen here in Stockton, CA who became known as the "Queen of Barbells" and a poster firl for fitness. In the 1940s she organized the first all female weight lifting competition and opened the first all women's gym in the US.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impostor Syndrome

Confronting Symptoms- a lesson I need to learn.